Kids For Wish Kids® is a Make-A-Wish® program that enables students to discover philanthropy by selecting their own fundraising project and managing it from start to finish, with little or no help from their teachers. Students develop leadership skills, build self-esteem and learn about teamwork while working towards a final goal, making a difference in the life of a child who is fighting overwhelming odds.
Kids For Wish Kids program objectives:
- Increase awareness among children and teenagers about the mission of Make-A-Wish®
- Encourage young people to become actively involved in fulfilling wishes through Make-A-Wish®
- Foster the value of community service, using this program as a hands-on learning experience for children
- Create school spirit and help students learn how to work together for a common goal
- Organize a holiday party, a dance, a bowl-a-thon or walk-a-thon
- Organize a bake sale or a carwash
- Kiss the Llama
- Pie Your Teacher
- Sell Make-A-Wish® Holiday Cards
You can try one of these ideas or devise a project on your own!
Putting the “fun” in fundraising, Kids for Wish Kids offers youngsters a unique opportunity to raise money for some very special children - Make-A-Wish kids. Kids for Wish Kids is an educational program that enables students to work together and develop leadership skills while raising money for a great cause. With the assistance of parents, teachers, and community leaders Kids for Wish Kids provides students and young people the opportunity to be creative and manage their own fundraiser from start to finish.
Download the Kids for Wish Kids Toolkit
If interested in hosting a Wish Week fundraising event, please download the toolkit to get started.
If you want to join in on the fun and raise money to help grant wishes, please contact: