JOB/POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Wish Specialist (Spanish/English)
Reports to: Senior Wish Specialist
Classification: Part-time, non-exempt
Manage and coordinate a wish load of approximately 45-50 wishes annually for our Spanish speaking families, while ensuring each wish is of the utmost quality for every single child. This position works in partnership with internal and external constituents to make each wish a reality.
- Sets expectations and ensures the coordination of all details involved with the wish, including but not limited to: transportation, accommodations, services, assisting chapters, medical equipment, liability forms, and itineraries.
- Grants wishes as assigned
- Conducts Wish Discovery Visits for each assigned wish child in partnership with one volunteer wish granter. Travel to central meeting locations for Wish Discovery required.
- Works with families, volunteers, vendors and donors throughout the wish process to ensure a quality wish experience.
- Works with volunteers and development team on the solicitation of in-kind goods and services to enhance the wish-granting process.
- Creates wish budgets and requests expense checks.
- Plans and creates itineraries and assembles and delivers/sends Wish Packets.
- Ensures all budget and expense forms track in-kind donations and cash expenditures properly.
- Maintains administrative records of wishes in RE database and files.
- Protects wish file confidentiality through chapter approved systems and personnel training.
- Functions as primary contact for chapter’s 24-hour emergency system as requested/scheduled.
- Consistently implements national and chapter wish-granting policies, guidelines, standards, and procedures to ensure consistent program quality and to protect wish families and the Foundation.
- Helps to identify and solve program issues and increase quality of wish experience for families and volunteers.
- Works with Chief Financial Officer to reconcile wish budgets and reporting as needed.
- Works in partnership with development team to identify families that have an interest to Wish It Forward.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Wish Specialist and the Director of Mission Delivery.
- Must be fluent in written and oral Spanish
- Ideal candidate would have logistics planning, child life, communications or similar background
- Analytical and creative mindset
- Exceptional organizational skills; extreme orientation to detail
- Ability to create and manage timelines and deadlines to achieve individual and team goals, both long-term and short-term; Proven ability to take responsibility and to problem solve in a proactive manner; must be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Gregarious and approachable personality that works easily with internal and external partners
- Good negotiation skills; resourcefulness
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and leverage cross-department resources
- Excellent customer service orientation and professional demeanor; willingness to go above-and-beyond; positive, 'can do' attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a small, fast-paced team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift or carry a minimum of 30 pounds
- Monthly travel required for wish visits in chapter territory, limited
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 30, 2019.
Applications without a cover letter or salary requirements will not be considered.
No phone calls, please!